Monday, July 07, 2008

new job

I got a new job! Since Jaimie was posting about a new job I thought I would too. I have been at CARDV (Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence). I am the Assistant to the Developemen Director, which basically means I try to help out with admin stuff whenever I can and for whoever I can.


My exposure to CARDV had been limited to the stickers that are on the back of bathroom stalls at OSU. They are a really great non-profit that does some pretty cool work in some pretty crappy situations. I have been here 3 weeks and am enjoying it. I get to play dress up, I haven't worn "business casual" since the airline days, so I am actually enjoying that. I am sure the novelty will wear off eventually, but for now it's fun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool Crys....seems like a rewarding job!

The Winkleplecks said...

I know what you mean, it is really fun to dress up, but it will probably get boring after a while, but for now I think it is fun to wear nice clothes and have an excuse to buy shoes!

The Drakes said...

ok, i've been out of the loop for a while. i thought you were leaving in january - now it's october?????? oh no. we have to hang out so i can soak you up before you go. -- j

Unknown said...

Thanks Crys....We figure we should buy all our own stuff since we will be using it for 5+ months...it will probably get pretty thrashed. I would love food ideas though...that's gonna be a real issue...my email is rubinator20@hotmail.com if you want to send me any awesome info!!

Unknown said...

PS...I have already got my eye on the big agnes bags!!!