Saturday, June 06, 2009

THIS might hurt.

After being in Senegal for 9 months, we finally finished our vaccines. We decided instead of spending upwards of $500 USD each for our vaccines by getting them in the States, we would get them here in Senegal instead. Many organizations offer safe/clean vaccines for reasonable rates. This week we finished the last of our 3 shot series for our Hep A & B.
Scotty braved it like a champ. The doctor who gave us our shots graciously allowed us to take pictures. You can't get a real feel for the clinic, but believe me when I say it's not for the faint of heart.

I was trying to smile but the doctor got me right at a bad moment. I actually had a bruise from this one, a tiny one, but still.

The staff at this clinic are very nice, we had the same guy give us all our shots and he always had this little grin when he helped us, I am sure he thought us toubobs were paranoid getting all the vaccines which included: typhoid, yellow fever, menecochal, tetanous, and Hep A & B.

And we saved over $400 USD EACH...cha ching!


5 comments:

peteandjenn said...

Um, so I didn't save that money and we are STILL paying it off. Nice work you guys. We are all so vaccinated up we should do something really crazy, lick an animal or something. What?

Dawn said...

See if you join the army you get all those vaccines, and more, for free, I guess it's a pretty good deal...just kidding.
Miss you. So, since I'm all vaccinated maybe I can come visit....how much is a plane ticket?

More Dorrs said...

Ya, you guys got it easy. We are scheduling our own Hep shots right now for Ethiopia travel!

Jd

Senegal Daily said...

Asalam malecum,

I am dying to know how Djibi Ndiaye found our blog through you guys! I've just started looking at pictures and reading to find out more about your time in Senegal. How much longer will you be there? Coming back through Lyon, by chance?

Petite Maman said...

I was wondering what that bruise was!