Tuesday, June 09, 2009

ah man!!!


So the worst thing for anyone with dreads has happened...I got the lice. Not surprizing considering where we are, eh? But still a bummer.

I have researched this thoroughly and am in the first phase of my Senegalese treatment. Believe it or not, they have lice shampoo here, apparently it's really common.

So I shampoo my head with this stuff, and leave it on for a while, we are sitting at an hour and a half right now, I should probably go wash it off.

That will kill all the live lice, then in 5 days I do it again to kill all the eggs that have hatched, but I have to kill them before they have time to sexually mature and lay more eggs.

No fear though, the baby dreads will NOT, I repeat NOT, be cut off. Silly non-dreaded people on the internet think that's the ONLY way to get rid of lice. So I should be lice free in a week, wish me luck.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Suckass! We just had a youth come in with lice last night to the drop in. Just thinking about it makes my head itch.

rl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Petite Maman said...

Okay, so it's possibly weird to be letting you know this from less than 8 meters away (you're watching a ciaroscuro Tom Hanks right now), but I've been thinking about you all day with your nefarious little critters (WHICH WILL SOON BE DEAD, yay!!).

andando said...

Aargh. don't forget to check Chaco and wash all your bedding...I can't help it, I'm a mother.

More Dorrs said...

So, lice will be mating in your hair? Wait till I tell Kurtis about this....

-b

The Drakes said...

sorry about the lice Crys. that sucks.

Happy Birthday Scotty!! I hope you have an awesome day.

We really enjoy Skyping with you.

Talk to you later,

Kurtis

Dawn said...

Sorry about the lice. That sucks.

More Dorrs said...

Mmm... lice babies.

Hope the dreads can stay. BUT if they must go, I think you should shave your head out of protest and mourning.

Jd