Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labor day weekend

Four years ago Scotty and I were asked to come help a Newburg youth group put on a rock climbing trip in Central Oregon. Each year they asked us back and each year our responsibilities grew. Then two years ago we roped Ben into it by adding rafting.
This last weekend marks the 5th trip we've done with the youth group. We have grown really fond of the kids and leaders, and to be honest it was a little sad when we had to tell them we wouldn't be able to lead their trip next year. Here are just a FEW pictures from the rafting portion of the trip. River-Guide-Scotty is HOT.
Scotty and Ben each led a boat, I was the official photographer, man I love this waterproof camera. There is a part of the river where you can jump in and float the rollers down.
First, you raft it.
Then you float it.

6 comments:

Jim, Brea, Annabelle and Evelyn said...

It was good seeing you guys. Call me if you come rock climbing again before you leave.

The Drakes said...

i'm confused about the camera in the water at the end of the rafting video. did you fall in? and did scotty do that floating video? it's really good for being swept away by a river! -- j

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice time...wish we could go in Oct!

The Guy and The Girl said...

what have I been doing all summer?!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Crystal...that is really nice of you to say...probably just a good angle or something...:)

I'm going to send Jenna a thumb drive to put pics on...maybe I can get the ones on your camera too from Smith!

Dawn said...

Hi, so what are you doing this weekend? I will be home late friday. I'm planning on painting the room at my parents but I would love to see you!