Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Babies EVERYWHERE!!!

One of Crystal's good friends from high school, Amanda, is having a baby soon. Amanda is the one in the middle, I know, it's hard to tell she is 8 months prego. She is due at the begining of Nov. and I am super sad that I will not be able to meet the baby until she is almost 1! Amanda will do great during delivery and will make a fabulous mom.
Here is the baby shower crew, all girls from high school days at East Linn Christian Academy. This is Angie, Crystal's physical therapist friend. She works up at the Salem Hospital (Kurtis maybe you know her).

Okay, ladies, this is my attempt at being craftsy. I made Amanda a baby ring sling (that's really what they call them) from fabric from Andando. It was really cool giving Amanda the gift because they are super supportive of the whole Senegal thing. When one of the ladies asked where I got Senegaleze (sp?) fabric I responded " oh, from this great fair trade store in Corvallis", I then promptly hung my head because I realized how much the hippy I sounded at the moment. "Yeah, fair trade, oh and look at my dreadlocks. I think I will stop shaving my legs soon." It was bound to happen sooner or later. But in all seriousness, it was a great night to connect with friends I have seriously not seen in 8 years.

3 comments:

The Guy and The Girl said...

Is that Jason Sii's mom? I think her name was Debbie...

Sarah said...

How fun! Tell Amanda congrats for me! Does she happen to have a blog or something?

Unknown said...

Lookin' good Crystal!