Sunday, May 10, 2009

poor dog

One of the disadvantages of living in sand is the problems it produces for animals, specifically skin issues if the animals lay in the sand all day.

One of Herma's dog's is named "Suuf" which means sand or dirt in Wolof.  Poor Suuf has major skin issues right now (from laying in said sand).  The problems are only made worse when she licks and bites at the sores on her skin so.....
....Herma fashioned two cone collars to prevent Suuf from making the problems worse.  This first one (made of a water bottle) worked well but is too short and too abbrasive on Suff's neck.
This second one (made of egg carton) is much more comfortable and functional, though I wonder how long the cardboard will hold up?

Ahh, the joys of inventive living in Malika.

3 comments:

April Baggott said...

Hi there! I googled your blogspot and remember meeting you somewhere. I think in Dakar somewhere. Anyways I am searching for an email address of phone number for the person who can help me purchase a couple of nativity sets and clocks. Are you the right person? We live in Dakar now but are moving in a couple of weeks. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks

The Guy and The Girl said...

bahahahahaha

peteandjenn said...

Poor stuff! My little stuff nugget.