Thursday, May 14, 2009

cooking lessons


Have I mentioned that the food here is AMAZING?!  Because I know I am going to want to take all this goodness back home with me, I have started taking "cooking lessons" from Nia.  This day was Cebbu Jen (pronounced "chep u junn") or fish and rice.  

I should have taken more pictures, but you know how it is?  This is us dividing the HUGE amount of food onto 3 large platters for the 20+ people that would be eating lunch.  

I LOVE plate style.  Imagine having a dinner party and only have to clean a bunch of spoons and 1 plate, so cool.

3 comments:

Lauren H. said...

chubby jen!

peteandjenn said...

Yeah! I love chubby me! :)

Senegal Daily said...

If I can offer one piece of advice... learn how to make ceebu jen and yassa (and anything else you like) all by yourself from beginning to end before you leave.

I thought that I knew how to cook Senegalese food because I'd spent so many hours sitting around helping my friends in the village, but once we left and I tried cooking yassa and ceeb on my own... yikes.

It took me about a year to figure out yassa and three years for ceeb that really tasted right.

Anyway... my two centimes :)