Friday, August 05, 2005

Manchester is nice.

I have arrived in Manchester, England with little trouble. Passport control was fun...I was the ONLY one comming in who was not from England, so I am standing in the "all other passengers" line, all by myself, feeling a little examined there. I felt like I did really well on the whole question/answer thing but the lady was really concerned that I was only staying for 4 days. In your best British accent "That a bit short, don't you think so? Why that's not very long.". She asked me this at least 3 times, very concerned. But I must have convinced her because she let me into the country.

Jeremy and I went to the University of Manchester Museum today. They had a VERY cool section on ancient Egypt and mummies. They actually had 5 or 6 real mummies in the museum. Some of them were wrapped, some were partically to fully unwrapped. There was an young boy all the way to an elderly woman, pretty amazing. They had the painted mummy cover things also on display, it was unreal to be right there with something SO old, some dated back to 1200 BC. That's pretty old, eh?

Jeremy in the museum, he apparently found the best exit in the house.


Things I have enjoyed already so far:

  • driving on the left side of the road (dont' call it wrong you WILL be physically destroyed)
  • no exit signs only "Way Out" (much like a bad prison movie)
  • you don't yeild you "Give Way"

I'll let you know as I find more cool stuff...peace out!

1 comment:

The Dorrs said...

chorlton. the motha land.... NIIIICE.....

jake d