Monday, August 08, 2005

Liverpool and the Beatles

Yesterday Jeremy and I headed off to Liverpool to check out the birthplace of the Beatles. We visited the famous "The Beatles Story" museum. Sorry guys, cameras not allowed inside.
Entry to the Beatles Museum.
We also spent a lot of time just walking around and checking out the city. There are a ton of old buildings (as there are in EVERY city in Europe). Just a few pictures for you to enjoy.

Crystal by the Liverpool Military Memorial.
Floral wreaths left at the memorial.

Liverpool is a pretty cool little place, right on the River Mersey, that feeds into the Liverpool Bay. So it has this cool San Francisco feel, but it's much older and not so hilly. It's also not as windy because it's not directly on the bay, but still has the coastal city feel because the river brings the boats in.

A cool water fountain, as Jeremy was taking the picture I was getting sprayed from the fountain, hence the funny look on my face.

Today is my last day in Manchester, I will head home tomorrow (my Tuesday). It's been a great trip and I am glad to have experienced it, and the timing of coming home is great as I am starting to miss my hubby and my family and friends. Peace out guys!
Something to look forward to, getting back to Scotty and our "child" Joei.

1 comment:

The Dorrs said...

Looking GOOD....and so is Scotty...

jake