Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday morning...

This morning I snapped a shot of what we look like as we head out the door for church. You will notice we are a tad bit more fancy than Dox church (thanks Nancy for sending Scotty new jeans). The Senegalese take pride in dressing nice for important occasions/events and church is one of these. They particularly pay attention to shoes, since we only brought flip flops we conveniently cropped our feet out of this picture. We have been told that we need to get some nicer shoes..I'm thinking "What, Chaco's don't cut it?"

This part is more for the ladies: you can get anything you want made here. When Fiona was here back in Oct. we got some fabric and took it to a tailor. I pointed to a picture in J.Crew and told the tailor I wanted that dress but longer. He took some measurements and 3 weeks later I had this dress. I figure the fabric cost $6 USD (Fiona correct me if I am wrong) and the tailor fee cost $10, not bad for a custom dress, too bad we can't do that in the states.

When we went to breakfast the boys told me "Rafet na" which means they liked my dress, they thought it was beautiful. And in case you are wondering about spagethi straps in Dec? Yes, it is THAT HOT STILL, though I did pull on a LIGHT sweatshirt last night as Scotty and I were sipping beer on our roof.

OH!!! And I saw a firefly last night too!

Not bad!!!!

Love you guys, keep the pictures flying, we NEED to see some Holiday sweaters...Jenn.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin' good guys.....you should take advantage and get as many fun things made as possible. The fabrics they have are so beautiful and you won't find stuff like that here. You'll be so original!


PS...I got to Christmas sweaters for ya :)

Samantha said...

you look beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

You look SOOOOOOOO nice Crystal :-)

More Dorrs said...

YOu guys are fancy!

-b

The Guy and The Girl said...

that is so awesome! I agree with ruby! do that as much as possible. I think I'd buy a new dress every week. $16!!!! awesome

peteandjenn said...

Yeah! I love the dress Crystal!
Also, speaking of holiday sweaters I wore that red one with the Christmas tree to Dox that Scotty wore a couple years ago at Kelley family Christmas.
It's nice to know it's getting a lot of use.

Samantha said...

scotty, you look really cute too