Monday, July 25, 2005

we have arrived

I have arrived in Latvia, with my trusty traveling companion, Spike (my brother's 9 year old chihuahua).

For those of you who haven't heard, I received the sad news that my Grandpa passed away Sunday morning. This was expected, though still hard. It made sence to me to continue with my trip to Latvia, not only to work on the projects but to also spend some time with my brother who has been in Latvia since June. When I get to a computer that has the capability I will add pictures of the various things going on. I don't know when that will be, so please hang tight on that one. Thank you for your prayers, the trip went with out hitch, even getting Spike into the country was smooth.

American girls: Joanna, Crystal and Allison on the tram getting ready for teRiga.


The first day of teRiga starts tomorrow, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Tonight is the first night of getting to know our Latvian friends who we will be working with through this week. There are 100 Latvians participating, and 12 Americans. Already relationships have begn, the Latvians are really outgoing and cheerful, a trait not commonly seen until they get to know and trust you better. This is a great sign. More to come...stay tuned.

1 comment:

The Dorrs said...

Crys----

sorry to hear about your grandad..we'll be praying for peace and strength while you are serving the Latvians.

Can't wait to see you soon!

Beka (and Jake)